How to Use Proxifier?
Proxifier is the proxy program that allows you to use your proxies in different programs or on your entire computer. In this article we will provide you with a detailed guide on how you can use the Proxifier.
What is Proxifier?
Proxifier is an intermediary programme that allows us to run proxies or proxies in different applications on our computer. The fact that Windows has never had proxy support for desktop programs until today, and that there is no proxy access to any other application other than the browser, has actually made intermediary programs such as Proxifier popular.
How many different ways can Proxifier be used?
- You can provide internet access for your entire computer only through a proxy.
- By assigning different proxies to multiple applications, you can use a proxy in the application you want and use your own IP address in the applications you do not want. You can also enter different applications in different proxies.
Why use Proxifier?
In fact, Proxifier is not a must for users who want to change the proxy for the browser, but we can say that it is the best among the programs that you can change the IP address of desktop programs. Proxifier not only allows you to change proxies, but also to monitor your traffic, see which program is consuming how much traffic, and view your transaction logs.
Which proxy server products can you use in Proxifier?
For example, the game you are playing does not support your telecom or blocked the telecom you are connected to; By purchasing a proxy in the game you want to play, you can access the game via Proxifier and Proxy via that telecom. Especially in games such as Knight Online, Metin2, Silkroad Online, you can assign different proxy IP addresses to different clients, as well as proxy assignment to different browsers and programs.
The main advantages of Proxifier:
- Ability to make HTTP /HTTPs or SOCKS5 connection on demand.
- Use different proxies in multiple applications and games
- Ability to login in HTTPs or SOCKS5 protocols that the programme does not normally support.
- Do not allow to completely replace your local IP address with a proxy IP address.
- The ability to use the DNS of the proxy address used or to use the DNS addresses of different proxies in different applications.
- If you have a different Ethernet card connected to your computer, you can access the internet based on that Ethernet card.
There are many advantages such as, and it is a programme that has been running stably for years.
Is Proxifier available on Android, iOS and Linux?
Proxifier is available as standard on Windows and Mac. However, it is not officially available on iOS, Linux and Android. There is some unofficial documentation on Github for Linux, but we do not recommend using it because it is not official.
How to use Proxifier?
After giving a detailed preliminary information about Proxifier, we can now start the detailed usage guide.
First of all, if you haven’t downloaded Proxifier yet, you can download it from the official site by clicking here. It does not matter as portable or setup, you can choose how you want to use it.
1. Create a Proxy Server
Before you start using Proxifier, you first need to add proxy addresses individually or import them in bulk. Click the “Add” button from the Proxy Server menu.
2. Enter your proxy address details
If you want to use the proxy address you purchased from our Proxynet site in which protocol, enter your information.
3. Enter your proxy username and password (USER:PASS)
Activate and enter your proxy username and password that you have created specially for you in your Proxynet panel by clicking the “enable” button. If you do not want to use user:pass, you must have defined IP in order to use your proxy.
4. Test your proxy address
After entering your proxy information, you can test your proxies by clicking the “Check” button. But remember that if the website you have purchased proxies from does not allow google.com by default, the test will fail because the test address in the Proxifier settings is google.com as standard. Therefore, read the orbits in our article below.
5. Change the website address to test the proxy
As mentioned above, some websites, including us, do not open social media sites or google.com by default to their standard customers to prevent abuse. After certain verifications, google.com can be opened. For this reason, you may think that your proxy is turned off because Proxifier tests proxies on google.com by default.
Ask the place where you bought the proxy whether your proxies are open on Google or click on the Proxifier Test Settings button above to change the destination address to one of the URLs allowed by the place where you bought the proxy as in the image below. When you test in this way, your proxy will appear to be working.
6. Let’s start assigning a special proxy to the programme with Proxy Rules settings
As mentioned above, we will take a look at one of the best features of Proxifier, the different proxy assignment settings specific to the programme. As you can see in the image below, you can assign different proxies from the “Profile strong, >Proxy Rules” menu to the proxies we have logged in with the above steps from the “Proxy Server” section.
The part of the rule name that says Localhost is your default computer local IP address, if you are using a programme that detects your local internet or if you are playing online games, we recommend that you change this part to Proxy instead of Direct.
As you can see in the image below, you can assign different proxy profiles to different browsers, assign different protocols such as HTTPs or SOCKS5 to different programs or games, and use them.
7. Overview of the Proxifier interface
We have successfully completed the installation of Proxifier, we have presented you how to assign a proxy profile to the browser or program you want. We can explain some parts of the traffic monitoring interface on the main page of Proxifier as follows:
- Connections: This section will be red if there is a problem with your connection.
- Applications: Shows the programmes that are actively running on your computer.
- Target: It shows the address to which the programmes you are using are instantly connected or from which source they are pulling information.
- Time/ Status: Shows how many minutes you have been connected to the programme and whether it is active or not. If it is not active, it shows you that the connection is broken and reconnected with red marking.
- Rule Proxy: If you have connected to that programme with a proxy, it shows the name of your proxy profile, with this feature you can see which programme you are logged in to with which proxy profile. If you are not logging into that programme with a proxy, it appears as Direct.
- Sent/ Received: Indicates the amount of packets received and sent. It offers you the amount of upload and download traffic you use instantly.
At the bottom of the Proxifier, you can instantly view the proxy through which your connection is made and the real-time status of the source to which it connects. If there is a disconnection in your connection, you can monitor this retrospectively and you can also extract it from your logs.
8. Close the Proxifier programme
Proxifier is a software that stays on as long as your computer is on and constantly checks your traffic. When you are not going to use a proxy, you can stop your operations from the Rules section or turn off Proxifier from your Windows toolbar as shown in the image below.
Proxifier is a very successful proxy management programme and is still popular today. Although people who will use it in browsers do not prefer it because of the lack of features such as browser-specific header, fingerprint, geolocation, it is an excellent solution for people who want to assign different proxy servers to different programs.